Are you suffering from hair loss? If so, NeoGraft is here to restore your hair and confidence! Read on to learn more about the NeoGraft treatment and its benefits
What Is Neograft?
NeoGraft is an innovative and the most advanced hair transplant technique available. It’s a minimally invasive follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair replacement method that safely collects individual hair follicles and transplants them in the area affected by hair loss.
Neograft is the pioneering automated device approved by FDI for hair restoration. It works as an extension of the surgeon’s hands that results in accurate extraction of hair follicle units. This technique is superior to other methods because it takes less time in execution and recovery.
Neograft vs. Fue
NeoGraft has multiple advantages over traditional follicular unit extraction. The benefits of NeoGraft hair restoration include:
- Reduced Hair Follicle Damage
NeoGraft technique causes less trauma and damage to follicles than traditional Follicular unit extraction (FUE) and Follicular unit transplantation (FUT). Reduction in trauma enhances the success rate of hair restoration and chances of survival for implanted follicles.
- Fewer Complications
NeoGraft is a minimally invasive technique and therefore has very few surgical complications. Unlike FUT, NeoGraft does not involve harvesting a strip of the scalp for follicles, minimizing the probability of damage to the nerves and blood vessels. Since NeoGraft is an automated procedure, it also reduces the chances of human error.
- Less Time-Consuming
NeoGraft can be performed way faster than traditional FUE. Follicular unit extraction (FUE) involves multiple graft extraction, which directly affects how long the process will take. If there are more than 3,500 grafts to be extracted, the procedure can take up to two days. Simultaneously, NeoGraft transplant takes very little time and finishes within 4 to 10 hours.
- Little Downtime
NeoGraft transplant involves no scalpels, staples, sutures, or linear scars. There is minimal downtime involved because recovery is quicker with almost no discomfort. You can wear any hairstyle with ease and confidence with no noticeable scarring.
How Does Neograft Work?
NeoGraft hair restoration technique follows the following steps:
- Surgeons will shave the entire head or the part from where hair follicles are taken.
- Local anesthesia is used to numb the part where the transplant is to be done. It prepares you for the extraction by diminishing the shock.
- With the help of a special wand that uses pneumatic pressure, hair follicles are extracted, which are then implanted into the bald area using a special tool.
- Dressing can be done at the extraction and implant areas to prevent bleeding and discomfort.
Side Effects of Neograft Procedure
NeoGraft hair transplant procedure is considered safe and has little on the downside-
- Overharvesting and Shabby Appearance- The donor patch can appear ragged and moth-eaten if the hair follicles are overharvested.
- Pinpoint Scarring- There are no apparent linear scars, but there are tiny pinpoint-sized scars that remain after a NeoGraft hair restoration procedure.
- Unmatched Hairline- There are chances of the hairline appearing unnatural in any hair transplant surgery. For example, if hairs are not implanted symmetrically, or they don’t match your original hairline, the hairline might appear abnormal.
- Shock Hair Loss- Sometimes, there is a temporary loss of implanted hair, Referred to as shock hair loss. The chief cause for this is the shock that your scalp faces at the beginning.
- Other Complications- General complications related to NeoGraft hair transplants include bleeding, swelling, inflammation, numbness, ingrown hairs, and infections.
Who Can Get a Neograft Hair Restoration Treatment?
An ideal candidate for NeoGraft treatment is the one who fulfills the following requirements:
- Doesn’t have any chronic health condition that can worsen after surgery, such as hypertension, uncontrolled diabetes, and blood clotting
- Older than 25 years of age
- Has thick hairline
- Facing hair loss along the hairline
- Has hair color similar to their skin color
- Facing a natural hair loss, not caused by medication or stress
How Much Does Neograft Cost?
The cost depends upon the patient’s personal goals of hair transplantation in the area you live in and the expertise of your surgeon. Typically, NeoGraft hair transplant costs somewhere between $5,000 to $18,000. It takes almost 6 to 14 days to get back to your normal routine after the treatment.
NeoGraft hair restoration treatment is the best in class alternative to FUE and FUT. Less time, fewer complications, fewer errors, and little recovery time make NeoGraft an ideal hair transplant option for people needing painless hair transplant therapy with minimal downtime.