FUT Hair Transplants in Freehold, NJ
FUT or “follicular unit transplant” is a hair restoration technique suited for people who are experiencing extreme balding. Keep in mind that for hair transplants to be successful, you must have enough viable hair follicles on the back of your head that can be used for the transplantation.
What Is FUT Hair Transplantation?
The FUT procedure or the “strip method” involves surgically removing a tiny strip of skin from your scalp, retrieving healthy hair follicles from the back of your head, and harvesting them to another part of your scalp that is balding. Keep in mind that FUT can leave small scars on your scalp that might be slightly visible if you have a very short haircut at the back of your head.
Once the small strip of skin with hair follicles is removed from your head, hair follicles are carefully extracted and transplanted into a balding or thinning area of your scalp with a tiny incision. Once this procedure is over, you will be able to see short hairs in the balding area. However, it is normal for the transplanted hairs to fall out initially. Usually, it takes about two to three and a half months for the new hairs to grow at their natural rate in the transplanted area.
Significant Benefits of FUT Hair Restoration
- It is a proven method used for decades.
- Provides plenty of hair follicles for the transplantation.
- Affordable and cost-effective.
- It is very effective in patients with extensive balding.
How Do I Prepare for FUT?Take the following steps to get better FUT hair restoration results:
- Avoid blood-thinning medications or supplements for ten days, and ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory drugs three days before the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking for a week before your treatment. Avoid smoking for a fortnight after the surgery.
- Do not expose your head and get sunburns.
- Let your hair grow to half an inch long before the day of your procedure.
- Do not apply hair conditioner for three days.